Friday 5 October 2012

Boots

In a similar vein to Salt and Oats I noticed something in the local Boots pharmacy earlier today...

The seated waiting area is directly facing a shelf full of products. So, what products do you think Boots would place in pride of place for people to stare at while they waited? Chocolate bars? Soft drinks?

Oh no, it was actually pregnancy tests!

If you are going to buy a pregnancy test, surely you have decided before you arrive at the pharmacy. Is sitting opposite one going to make people buy them? Surely sitting opposite food and drink will create a better return?



But maybe I am wrong, maybe sitting opposite pregnancy tests will make women think "Oh golly, what if I'm pregnant? I'd better check just in case." Maybe I underestimate the power of suggestion. Perhaps Boots know exactly what they are doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment